My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Saturday, October 07, 2006

HORNS.

Yesterday was a very exciting day down Bank Cottage Studios. The 3 piece brass section (trumpet, alto sax and baritone/tenor sax) arrived in the morning. I'm used to blowing my own trumpet normally but this time I thought we'd get the professionals in.

Let me tell you, it was an amazing moment for me to hear all the the parts that had previously been naff computer sounds sudennly blossom into life. I was a bit scared at the start of the day, me not being a proper musician, and these guys who are seasoned session pro's,. But I soon got into the swing of things and started barking instructions around in my fascist dictator style that is familiar and loved by the rest of the band. hmmm. anyway, luckily i had two interpreters with producer George and Dave the String.

We let them loose on "The Towering Inferno" Ain't Never Been Cool" "My Darling Anything" "Add Your Light To Mine, Baby" andf two others that I can't remember right now. It sounds PHAT. that's street slang for FAT grandad.

Thery were very nice and also very complimentary which is cool since Ben (Baritone Sax) (that's the big one) (The sax not Ben) has worked on Portishead and Goldfrapp.

here's a picture. Standing is Cardiff mobster Dave The String, having to talk the boys through yet another change of score.

Well Done Lads!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home